Swimming Pool Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations have been established for the benefit of all users of Aquaventure swimming facilities to assure the safe operation of the pools and to provide enjoyable recreational opportunities for all. Patrons are requested to cooperate in observing these rules and to obey the instructions of the Aquatics staff. Patrons violating swimming rules are subject to the revocation of their swimming or membership privileges. No refunds will be given.
GENERAL RULES / ADMISSION POLICIES
1. No one will be allowed in the swimming area unless the pool is officially open and a lifeguard is on duty (during staffed hours only). Entering the pool area when it is not open for public use is prohibited and may be considered a trespass.
2. All persons entering the pool area must pay the appropriate admission fee or maintain a valid membership or program registration. All persons utilizing the pool must sign a facility usage agreement and waiver. Failure to sign will void any membership, rental, or program registration.
3. Groups of 9 or more must follow our group use policies, and must be directly supervised at poolside by group facilitators. All groups must schedule their visits in advance. Management reserves the right to deny entry to any group that has not received prior approval for access to the pool. Children under 10 years old must be accompanied in the pool by an adult supervisor (age 18+) or pass the facility-approved swim test (Swim length of dive tank, touch wall, return and tread water for 30 seconds without touching the wall). Any swimmer requiring flotation devices must be accompanied in the pool by an adult.
4. Members may bring guests in for $8.00 between the hours of 11am-3pm on weekdays and 12pm-2pm on weekends. They must sign the waiver.
5. Non-members may gain entry for $15.00 per person 12pm-2pm on Saturdays and 1pm-5pm on Sundays. Non-members may purchase a 45-minute express drop-in for $10 per person and utilize the facility under the following times. They must sign the waiver. Aquaventure reserves the right to modify non-member access periods based on facility programs.
6. Lifeguards and Natatorium staff have the authority to enforce all pool rules. Patrons who repeatedly violate the rules or reasonable requests of staff may be ejected from the facility.
7. Access during un-staffed hours is by key fob only. Swimmers acknowledge that use of the pool during this time is performed at their own risk. Allowing non-members to enter or use personal key fob will result in cancellation of membership.
1. Food or refreshments may be consumed in designated areas only (lobby and multi-purpose room). No coolers or large quantities unless the holder of facility rental.
2. Food and drinks (other than water and electrolyte sports drinks) are not permitted on the pool deck.
3. Glass containers, alcoholic beverages, drugs and pets are not permitted. Service animals are permitted in the pool area but not in the pool itself.
4. Employees are the only persons allowed in staff rooms, filter room, chemical storage areas and offices.
5. Smoking is not permitted in the facility. Smoking outside of the facility must be a minimum of 100 yards away from building. This includes all tobacco products including e-cigarettes and vapes.
6. Use of lockers in locker room is at your own risk. Locks may be used but must be removed each day. Permanent lockers are available for $10 per month. Customer bags and/or belongings may be kept on pool deck.
7. The facility welcomes families and guests of all ages and therefore locker room decency is required. Wear a towel or outer garment at all times, especially when moving from the showers to the locker room and vice versa.
8. Cell phones, cameras or other electronic devices may not be used or visible in the locker rooms. This especially applies to cell phones. Step into public area to use your phone. NO EXCEPTIONS.
9. Guests over five years of age (6 & up) are not permitted to enter the opposite gender restroom/locker room. Please use the family changing rooms located at the front of the lobby.
1. All patrons within the pool area must be attired in swimming apparel. No street clothes are allowed in the pool. Clothing such as cut-offs, gym shorts and underwear is not permitted as swimwear. Swimwear should not have been worn for exercising immediately prior to pool use as soiled clothing can create an unhealthy swimming environment. All clothing must be colorfast and lightweight material suitable for swimwear, such as Lycra, Spandex or nylon.
2. T-shirts (including those for modesty or sun protection) are not permitted. Rashguards, which are more tight-fitting, designed for in-water use and which offer protection from the sun, will be permitted.
1. Socializing with or distracting pool staff is prohibited.
2. No person within the pool area shall behave in such a manner as to jeopardize the safety and health of himself/herself and others. Such behavior, including abusive or profane language, shall be grounds for expulsion.
3. Loitering will not be permitted on the pool grounds or within any of its facilities.
4. Running, boisterous or rough play, pushing, acrobatics, dunking, wrestling, splashing, yelling, diving or jumping without care and caution, snapping of towels, improper conduct causing undue disturbances on or about the pool area or any acts which would endanger any patron are prohibited.
5. Spitting, spouting water, blowing nose, urinating or defecating in the pool is prohibited.
6. No prolonged underwater swimming for time and/or distance. Competitive or repetitive breath holding can be deadly and is not permitted unless approved by management. Hyperventilation is absolutely not permitted.
7. Gum chewing is not permitted anywhere in the pool area for health and safety reasons.
AGE & HEALTH/SAFETY RESTRICTIONS
1. Infants/children who are not toilet trained and adults who are incontinent, who wish to enter any pool, must wear a disposable swim diaper which must fit snugly around the legs and waist. If the diaper becomes soiled, this person must exist the pool immediately and may not return until he/she has taken or been given a soap shower and has been covered by a new diaper.
2. Children under 10 years old must be accompanied in the pool by an adult supervisor (age 18+) or pass the facility-approved swim test (Swim length of dive tank, touch wall, return and tread water for 30 seconds without touching the wall). Any swimmer requiring flotation devices must be accompanied in the pool by an adult.
3. Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted in the pool area.
4. Any injury occurring in the pool must be reported to a lifeguard or pool supervisor immediately.
5. All patrons must take a shower before entering the water.
6. Any person having a skin disease, sore or inflamed eyes, cold, nasal or ear discharge, communicable disease or who is wearing any kind of bandage or Band-Aid to cover an open (unhealed) wound will not be permitted in the pool.
7. Any adult or child who is experiencing even a mild case of diarrhea may not use the pool. Persons with diarrhea should wait two weeks after symptoms end before returning to the pool. Pathogens of concern may still be shed up to two weeks following the end of symptoms.
EQUIPMENT / TOYS
1. Swim toys, balls and the like may be used only with approval of the supervisor or lifeguard on duty.
2. Non-transparent inner tubes, inflatable boats and rafts, or inflatable bathing suits are not permitted in the pools.
3. Infant flotation devices are only allowed if they provide an attached seat preventing the child from falling through the device.
4. Coast Guard approved and labeled lifejackets designed to provide vertical support may be worn.
5. Headphones/earbuds must be worn when listening to musical entertainment devices on deck.
6. During high-traffic times, staff reserve the right to deny use of flotation devices or toys.
RULES FOR RECREATIONAL & LAP SWIMMERS
1. Persons who cannot pass the swim test will be restricted to shallow areas of the pools.
2. No diving in water less than 6 feet deep. The American Red Cross cautions against diving into water less than 9 feet deep.
3. Lane(s) will be open for those persons wishing to swim lengths undisturbed. Water walking and aquatic workouts will also be allowed in lanes.
4. For effective use, lap swimmers should swim counterclockwise near the lane markers and pass in the middle when more than 2 swimmers are in a lane. Much like driving, swimmers should stay to the right while swimming in the lane, and pass on the left.
5. Lap lanes are intended for multiple swimmers. Lap swimmers should arrange themselves by speed in the lanes. It is not uncommon to swim four or more people to a lane if similar pacing is used. Challenges arise when you insert yourself into a lane that is too fast or too slow for your speed.
6. Stop only at turning walls. Move to the side to allow others to turn and continue. Turns are made in the center of the lane at the wall.
7. Lifeguards may ask to move you to another lane to more closely match your swimming pace. Please comply as this will make everyone’s swim more enjoyable.
8. The number of open lanes will increase/decrease throughout the day based on pool programming. Lane blockers will be placed on deck if a lane is scheduled to close within the hour. Please refer to the pool schedule concerning pool program times.
1. Only Aquaventure aquatics staff are authorized to teach swimming lessons within our facilities. No activity for private gain is permitted at any time.
2. Parents, in order to assist us in offering a quality program for your child, we ask that you remain in the observation room unless speci cally requested by an instructor (e.g. Sidekicks or Mighty Tykes lessons). Experience has shown that children are easily distracted by their parents due to their short attention spans.
3. The program fee covers only the lesson and no other use of the facility. Persons wishing to swim following their lesson must request approval or provide evidence of a valid membership as appropriate.
4. Participants are required to reserve spots in swim lessons and squads. Please speak with the Front Desk if you have any questions concerning reservations.
5. When reservations are made you are expected to attend. If a child is sick or has a sudden con ict, please contact our Front Desk to cancel the reservation. Repeated no-shows of reservations will result in package sessions being used.
6. Aquaventure reserves the right to deny participation in swim lessons or swim squads if proper reservations have not been made.
ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
Key Fob Hours:
1. At the first sign of lightning or clap of thunder, the pool will be closed and the entire area should be cleared of patrons.
2. The pools will not reopen until 30 minutes after the last clap of thunder or 45 minutes after the last sign of visible lightning.
1. Our staff utilizes lightning map technology to monitor inclement weather conditions. If lightning is tracking close to the facility, staff will then look for visual confirmation. Upon visual confirmation, the pool is cleared and closed.
2. The lightning map will be used to determine when the pool can reopen. Lightning strikes must be out of the area before the pool reopens.
3. Thunder does not close the pool during staffed hours.
4. The pool will close during hurricane or tornado conditions. The facility may close during winter snow and ice conditions depending on severity.
GROUP USE POLICY
1. Any organized groups must have pre-approved reservations to utilize the pool.
2. Any rental or usage fees must be paid in advance of pool use.
3. Groups must provide adult supervision throughout the facility including, but not limited to, the lobby, multi purpose room , locker rooms, and pool area.
EXTENDED KEY FOB HOURS (UNSTAFFED)
1. Only members 21 and older are permitted during extended facility hours. All patrons under 21 years old must exit the facility by the posted end of staffed hours.
2. No guests are permitted during extended hours.
3. Key fob entry is required during extended hours. Although courteous, please do not hold the door for entry of others during extended hours.
4. Patrons must have an active membership to use the facility during extended hours. Only those patrons listed on the membership (and meeting age requirements) may gain access during extended hours.
5. Members must follow the facility adverse weather policy during extended hours.
6. If any mechanical malfunction occurs during extended hours (lights out, HVAC not operating, pool malfunction, etc.) members should leave the facility at once until staff can evaluate and correct the situation.
7. Members are PROHIBITED from entering staff-only areas during key fob hours.