-------- COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN--------
Due to the ongoing concerns with the spread of COVID-19, Aquaventure is operating under a phased safety plan. This plan has been reviewed by the Public Health Director for Pitt County and is able to be modified based on updated standards released by national, state, and local health officials. This plan is in place to protect the health and safety of our patrons and staff. If you feel ill, please stay home.
GENERAL FACILITY USAGE:
In accordance with CDC Guidelines, masks are now optional for fully vaccinated individuals.
Upon entering the facility, patrons will report to the Front Desk. If checking in, staff will perform a temperature check on each patron. Any temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher meets the CDC’s guidelines as a fever. Any patron with a fever temperature will be required to exit the facility but can be re-checked after 10 minutes. Staff will also be subject to temperature checks when they report for work and will be required to leave if a fever is present.
The lobby has reopened for general seating.
The classroom will reopen for swim lesson viewing on June 1, 2021.
All pool doors are open for entry and exit.
The pool lanes will have staggered, opposite-end entry areas. Even number lanes will have entry areas at the 3.5ft end of the pool. Odd number lanes will have entry areas at the 5ft end of the pool. Those with disabilities or mobility limitations should use the even numbered lanes. Fitness swimmers should use the odd number lanes.
If you must stop during your swim, please try and do so from your start end. This ensures proper social distancing when not actively swimming.
Pool equipment (kickboards, buoys, noodles, etc.) is available for use. This equipment has been sanitized. When a patron has completed their workout, any used equipment will be placed in the red bin by the pool exit door so it can be sanitized by staff.
Common surfaces within the facility will be sanitized routinely throughout the day. The locker rooms will be sanitized according to the posted schedule.
Front Desk, Aqua Aerobics, and Lifeguard staff will no longer be required to wear masks if they are fully vaccinated. Afterschool, camp, and swim instructor staff will continue to use face coverings regardless of vaccination status.
Locker room protocols are as follows:
1. Masks/ Face Coverings MUST be worn by unvaccinated patrons when not on the pool deck, actively swimming, or participating in a class or group activity. This includes the locker room and restroom facilities with the exemption of any persons actively showering. Face Coverings should be worn when leaving the shower area and moving about the locker room.
2. ALL members should continue to towel off on deck before exiting the pool area. Excess water on both the lobby and locker room floors pose a significant slip hazard.
Locker rooms will CLOSE during the following times for Cleaning and Sanitization. No members may utilize the locker rooms during these times. Our family changing rooms located in the lobby may be used for light changing and restroom usage while cleaning takes place.
Locker room sanitation will be a brief, but thorough, procedure. Please be patient as our staff works to ensure your safety at Aquaventure.
Monday-Friday 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Swimmers should bring dryland clothes to each practice. In the event of inclement weather, a dryland practice may be substituted while waiting for the weather to pass.
All swimmers will be temperature checked upon entering Aquaventure. Any parents needing to remain in the building will also be temperature checked.
The pool will be closed for recreational swimming. The majority of the pool area will be used by the team to ensure ample distance between athletes.
Group swim lessons will continue with a number of restrictive protocols. Please read carefully to ensure you and your child abide by our safety plan.
When arriving, please check-in at the front desk. Our staff will administer a temperature check to the swimmer and anyone remaining in the facility. Please see our policy above regarding temperature checks and fevers.
You MUST pre-register your child for swim lessons. NO EXCEPTIONS. In order to operate group lessons, we must enforce correct social distancing. Most classes hold a maximum of 5 children and this limit will not be increased for walk-in's.
Swim instructors will wear clear plastic face shields during swim lessons.
Several of our classes will use a "Staggered Deck Layout." The staggered deck layout is 3 kids along the side, 3 feet apart. Between kids 1-2 and 2-3, 2 additional kids sit on the rubber decking 3 feet behind. Imagine if you drew a line connecting each kid, it would be a zig-zag formation.
Parents remaining in the facility during swim lessons will be seated on the pool deck. Parents should remain in this area and not approach poolside.
Participants in parent/child classes will enter the water using social distancing. Parent/infant couples should also social distance while in the pool.
We ask that you be patient with your child during this time. We have had to get very creative in order to teach classes that adhere to state and federal guidelines. Some of the new formations and arrangements may confuse our students, but we think after a lesson or two they will have it down. Like we've been telling everyone since we reopened, "Its the same, but different."
Important Policies & Procedures for Aqua Aerobics during COVID-19:
1. Clients MUST have a reservation into class to attend class. Reservations will open on SATURDAYS AT 8AM for the coming week. Clients may book out a week at a time. (Example: Clients may book class for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for the coming week on Saturday when the booking window opens.)
2. If you are unable to attend your scheduled reservation, you MUST cancel that reservation at least 2 hours in advance or face a class reservation suspension. This is so everyone has equal opportunity to attend class.
3. Check-in for class will not begin until 15 minutes before class. Class members should not enter the building and wait in their cars until such time.
4. Upon entrance, all participants will need to have their temperature taken at the front desk. A temperature of 100.4 F will not be admitted.
5. Face masks may NOT be worn in the water. This is a safety issue and a risk of water suffocation. Pool staff may opt. not to wear face coverings for their safety.
6. Aquaventure reserves the right to delete reservations that do not follow this booking policy.
We are excited to resume hosting birthday parties at Aquaventure with some slight modifications in place.
1. Although our classroom will be open for birthday parties, face masks that cover the mouth and nose are required by all parents, children, and guests when not actively eating or drinking. This includes those that have been fully vaccinated. Anyone found incompliant with this policy may be asked to leave.
2. Face masks that cover the mouth and nose are required on the pool deck, in the lobby, and in the locker rooms for anyone who has not been fully vaccinated.
3. Face masks may NOT be worn in the water. This is a drowning risk.
4. Guest should bring any toys they would like to use in the pool.