-------- COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN--------
Due to the ongoing concerns with the spread of COVID-19, Aquaventure is operating under a phased safety plan. This plan has been reviewed by the Public Health Director for Pitt County and is able to be modified based on updated standards released by national, state, and local health officials. This plan is in place to protect the health and safety of our patrons and staff. If you feel ill, please stay home.
GENERAL FACILITY USAGE:
There is a designated entry and exit door for the facility. Patrons should only use the door marked “ENTER” to access the Aquaventure facility. Patrons should only use the door marked “EXIT” to leave the Aquaventure facility.
Upon entering the facility, patrons will report to the Front Desk. If checking in, staff will perform a temperature check on each patron. Any temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher meets the CDC’s guidelines as a fever. Any patron with a fever temperature will be required to exit the facility but can be re-checked after 10 minutes. Staff will also be subject to temperature checks when they report for work and will be required to leave if a fever is present.
The lobby is closed for general seating. Please do not congregate in the lobby area.
The classroom is closed.
All pool doors are open for entry and exit. Please observe social distancing guidelines when using the pool doors.
The pool lanes will have staggered, opposite-end entry areas. Even number lanes will have entry areas at the 3.5ft end of the pool. Odd number lanes will have entry areas at the 5ft end of the pool. Those with disabilities or mobility limitations should use the even numbered lanes. Fitness swimmers should use the odd number lanes.
If you must stop during your swim, please try and do so from your start end. This ensures proper social distancing when not actively swimming.
Please maintain social distancing guidelines when in the facility. Congregating on the pool deck or in the lobby is not allowed.
Pool equipment (kickboards, buoys, noodles, etc.) is available for use. This equipment has been sanitized. When a patron has completed their workout, any used equipment will be placed in the red bin by the pool exit door so it can be sanitized by staff.
Common surfaces within the facility will be sanitized routinely through the day. The locker rooms will be sanitized according to the posted schedule.
Classes and activities will be phased in based on plan success.
Locker room protocols are as follows:
1. Masks/ Face Coverings MUST be worn when not on the pool deck, actively swimming, or participating in a class or group activity. This includes the locker room and restroom facilities with the exemption of any persons actively showering. Face Coverings should be worn when leaving the shower area and moving about the locker room.
2. No more than 1 patron per bench. Please follow social distancing standards when in the locker rooms. Bags and personal belongings should be stowed in a locker or on the pool deck in the designated open area.
3. While our lobby will remain closed to general seating, our traffic flow will be adjusted to allow persons to enter and exit the pool area.
4. ALL members should continue to towel off on deck before exiting the pool area. Excess water on both the lobby and locker room floors pose a significant slip hazard.
Locker rooms will CLOSE during the following times for Cleaning and Sanitization. No members may utilize the locker rooms during these times. Our family changing rooms located in the lobby may be used for light changing and restroom usage while cleaning takes place.
Locker room sanitation will be a brief, but thorough, procedure. Please be patient as our staff works to ensure your safety at Aquaventure.
Monday-Friday 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
The Riptides Swim Team will practice beginning at 6:00 PM during the week and 8:30 AM on Saturdays. Please reference the Riptides Homepage for specific group practice times. Practice protocols are as follows:
Swimmers should bring dryland clothes to each practice. The plan is to limit the number of swimmers in close proximity to each other, therefore operating swim practice and dryland at the same time with rotating groups will help spread everyone out. This is one of the numerous strategies our coaches will employ to operate a safe practice.
All swimmers will be temperature checked upon entering Aquaventure. Any parents needing to remain in the building will also be temperature checked.
Parents will not be allowed in the facility once their swimmer has been dropped off. This is to reduce the risk of virus transmission among athletes, but also among parents. The classroom adjoined to the lobby will be closed. If you have a swimmer that requires you to be in attendance for practice please contact us so we can discuss further.
The pool will be closed for recreational swimming. The majority of the pool area will be used by the team to ensure ample distance between athletes.
Group swim lessons will require a number of restrictive protocols. Please read carefully to ensure you and your child abide by our safety plan.
When arriving, please check-in at the front desk. Our staff will administer a temperature check to the swimmer and anyone remaining in the facility. Please see our policy above regarding temperature checks and fevers.
When in the lobby for check-in, please use social distancing practices.
You MUST pre-register your child for swim lessons. NO EXCEPTIONS. In order to operate group lessons, we must enforce correct social distancing. Most classes hold a maximum of 5 children and this limit will not be increased for walk-in's.
Swim instructors will wear clear plastic face shields or masks during swim lessons.
Several of our classes will use a "Staggered Deck Layout." The staggered deck layout is 3 kids along the side, 6 feet apart. Between kids 1-2 and 2-3, 2 additional kids sit on the rubber decking 6 feet behind. Imagine if you drew a line connecting each kid, it would be a zig-zag formation.
We ask that parents remain outside the facility unless they are needed to assist students in the restroom. Any parents remaining in the facility during swim lessons will be seated on the pool deck, appropriately socially distanced. The classroom will be closed. Parents should remain in this area and not approach poolside.
Classes with older children will be taught in the water. We will utilize a formation that spaces swimmers along both sides of the lane. Our lap lanes are 7 feet wide.
Participants in parent/child classes will enter the water using social distancing. Parent/infant couples should also social distance while in the pool.
Only one parent will be allowed in the pool with students while we are adhering to this safety plan. Any parent on deck must wait in the seating area by the dive tank.
We are taking a phased approach to resume our swim program. Not all of our class offerings will be available. We will evaluate the demand and modify the schedule as needed. Most of all, we ask that you be patient with your child during this time. We have had to get very creative in order to teach classes that adhere to state and federal guidelines. Some of the new formations and arrangements may confuse our students, but we think after a lesson or two they will have it down. Like we've been telling everyone since we reopened, "Its the same, but different."
Important Policies & Procedures for Aqua Aerobics during COVID-19:
1. Clients MUST have a reservation for the class they want to attend. Reservations open each Saturday morning at 8:00 AM for the upcoming week. Failure to show up for your reservation will result in a 1week class reservation suspension. A valid membership is also required.
2. Check-in for the class will not begin until 15 minutes before class. Class members should not enter the building until such time.
3. Upon entrance, all class members will need to have their temperature taken at the front desk. A temperature of 100.4 F will not be admitted.
4. Once checked in, members should make their way to the pool area. Upon entering the pool area, members should walk to the right, around the 5ft area of the lap pool to the open deck space adjacent to the dive well.
5. Face masks may NOT be worn in the water. This is a safety issue and a risk of water suffocation.
6. Members should place any belongings and their towel on the benches provided and retrieve their set of water weights from the rack.
7. For shallow water classes, members will enter the pool area via the steps in lane 8. Members will remain socially distant (spaced 6ft apart) for the duration of class, unless other instructions are given by Aquaventure staff/crew.
8. For deep water classes, members will place their belongings by the wall, parallel to the dive well. Members will space themselves into the provided lanes, 2 members per lane at opposite end walls.
10. Once the class has ended members should immediately exit the aerobic area at the direction of instructors. No loitering is allowed in the aerobic area after class. All equipment used should be sanitized upon exit and returned to its storage location. Members should TOWEL OFF before exiting the pool area so as not to create a slip hazard.